Hello, my name is Julian Ortiz. I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran turned computer programmer. I am passionate about software development and often work on different projects in my free time. I have an immense amount of teamwork and leadership experience and I always make a point to be a self learner.
I have experience with HTML, CSS, Django, SQL, C++, C#, Sckit-learn, Git, Python, Unity and Unreal engines
- Major: Computer Science
- Minor: Mathematics
- GPA: 3.9
- Standing: Summa Cum Laude
- Composed weekly emails to members notifying them of club activities, projects, and other opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Mentored multiple students needing academic and other assistance.
- Julian Ortiz, MD Minhaz Chowdhury, Krishna Kambhampaty, Computational Trust for Securing IoT, the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology, May 19 - 21, 2022, Mankato, MN, USA.
- View on IEEE Xplore
- Administered 2+ years of leadership, management, and supervision to over 30 personnel.
- Oversaw military training databases and managed records for over 40 personnel.
- Undertook training in leadership, ethics, diversity, communication, cyber awareness, operational security, and anti-terrorism awareness.
- Attained 3+ years of customer service experience to partners across multiple military installations.
Unity Engine / C# / Oculus Integration
Led in the technical design for a virtual reality museum experience platform for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Startup Challenge utilizing GitHub, Unity, C#, and Oculus integration.
Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Startup Challenge
Unity Engine / C#
Programmed a complete game within two days utilizing Unity and C#. Coordinated with a team member for asset creation during development of the game.
HTML / CSS / Django / Python / SQLite
Databases Website Project
Developed a mock bicycle shop website to take online orders and keep stock of current inventory.